M. Night Shyamalan’s “Glass,” a follow-up film to the 2017 phycological thriller Split, hit theaters early this year. The movie showcases a terrifying villain that goes by the name “The Beast” (and rightfully so). Actor James McAvoy portrays the antagonist, an animalistic character with extraordinary superhuman strength and power.
In order to look the beastly part, McAvoy had to pack on dense muscle while also shredding down to a low body fat percentage to appear dominant, intimidating and completely ripped.
The idea of getting rid of fat while still building heaps of muscle and strength may seem difficult, but we’ve created the ideal workout routine to achieve this exact process with ease.
With a tailored plan to match McAvoy’s head-turning physique, you’ll be looking as shredded as The Beast in no time.
How Big Is James McAvoy?
McAvoy isn’t a big guy, standing at just 5-feet, 7-inches tall and weighing around 160 pounds. With his smaller frame, McAvoy has tons of muscle and sports a low body fat percentage, creating the shredded physique.
Low body fat is the key when it comes to McAvoy looking as ripped as he does, as it allows for his muscle gains to show and not be hidden by any unwanted fluff.
Key Characteristics of McAvoy’s Physique
When looking at McAvoy’s “Glass” physique, a big part of his daunting appearance comes from a powerful upper body. The actor sports full, rounded shoulders, a huge back and an aesthetic shoulder-to-waist ratio as a result of these features.
That being said, McAvoy’s key physical features are allowed to pop due to his low body fat percentage. He was clearly able to burn off excess fat all while continuing to build up his strength and develop dense muscle.
This process is exactly what the Warrior Shredding Program preaches. The program allows for fast fat burning while simultaneously increasing strength and packing on rock-solid muscle. With a shoulder focus and weighted pullups forming some of the program’s key movements, it’s designed to give you a wide and powerful upper body that McAvoy attained. Along with the workout protocol, the program provides a detailed nutrition plan for fat burning while gaining loads of muscle.
The James McAvoy Workout Routine for “Glass”
While this isn’t the exact workout plan that McAvoy used to achieve his “Glass” body, Kinobody programs have helped thousands of people achieve this type of incredible physique and look like Hollywood actors.
Since we can see that the keys to McAvoy’s beastly body are huge shoulders topped off with a wide back, this workout routine will focus on two key exercises: the shoulder press and weighted pullups.
With the shoulder press, your delts will explode by using both standing barbell press and seated dumbbell shoulder press. By using these two different variations of the exercise each week, you’ll ensure that the shoulders get built up as fast as possible while avoiding plateaus.
To finish off the hulking and wide upper body, weighted pullups will be performed once a week to grow a massive back. Weighted pullups, along with many other exercises included in the “Glass” routine, utilize reverse pyramid training. This style of training triggers incredible strength and muscle gain. It will increase muscle fiber size, helping you transform into a true beast.
The routine also uses Kino rep training and rest-pause training to trigger volume-based growth. This style of training allows your muscles to hold more fluid and glycogen to provide a full, beastly appearance.
The Warrior Shredding Program gives you all the details of these training styles. By using the three training methods together, you’ll experience the Kinobody effect of combining strength, stamina and muscle volume to give you an otherworldly physique.
To finish off the routine, the plan includes an optional cardio and ab-focused day. Use this extra bonus to get every last bit of fat burning potential out of the workout to speed along the process of looking shredded.
Kinobody’s “Glass” Workout Schedule
Workout A (Monday)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press: 2 sets x 6-8, 8-10 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Standing Barbell Press: 2 sets x 6-8, 8-10 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets x 6-8, 6-8, 6-8 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Cable Curls: 4 sets x 8-12 reps (Kino rep training)
- Lateral Raises: 1 set x 12-15 reps + 3 sets x 4-6 reps (rest-pause)
Workout B (Wednesday)
- Front Squats: 3 sets x 4-6, 4-6, 4-6 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets x 8-10, 8-10, 10-12 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Reverse Lunges: 2 sets x 6-8, 6-8 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Hanging Knee Raises: 3 sets x 8-15 reps
Workout C (Friday)
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets x 4-6, 4-6, 6-8 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Weighted Pullups*: 2 sets x 6-8, 6-8 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Cable Rows: 2 sets x 8-10, 10-12 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets x 8-10, 10-12, 10-12 reps (reverse pyramid training)
- Bent-Over Flyes: 1 set x 12-15 reps + 3 sets x 4-6 reps (rest-pause)
Optional Cardio/Ab Workout (Saturday)
- Pyramid Treadmill Intervals: Walk for 2 minutes, jog for 1 minute (increase jogging speed with each interval) x 8 intervals
- Hanging Weighted Knee Raises: 4 sets x 6-15 reps (1-2 minutes rest between sets)
- 15 minutes of walking on a treadmill (4 mph and 3- or 4-degree incline)
* The Kino Belt is the most durable and enduring weight-belt on the market, perfect for weighted pullups!
“Glass” Workout Notes
In order to shed fat while simultaneously building dense muscle and strength, the “Glass” workout routine is designed to be intense but achieve impressive results. In order to see these results, recovery is key when following this plan.
To aid recovery and get the most out of every workout, try Kinobody’s Superhero Stack of Octane, Gains, and Aminos. Kino Octane Organic Pre-Workout is the best on the market for providing smooth, clean energy with no crash. Kino Gains, which contains creatine and carnitine to boost muscle growth and increase recovery, is a terrific post-workout supplement. Lastly, Kino Aminos will support your muscle development and improve training capacity. With this complete stack, you’ll be training and recovering like a superhero.
While building up boulder shoulders and a big back is the focus of this workout plan, it can be supported by the full Warrior Shredding Program, which includes this and a chest focus to finish off the ideal upper body. It also contains exact nutrition and lifestyle changes in order to achieve your dream body, as well as more information on the training styles of reverse pyramid training, Kino rep training, and rest-pause training.
Follow this plan and you’re sure to find your inner beast and build a monstrous physique.